1. On agreements between the entrepreneur and the consumer of these terms refer only to Dutch law.
2. Disputes between the consumer and the entrepreneur about the conclusion or implementation of agreements with regard to products and services to be delivered or delivered by this entrepreneur, can, with due observance of the provisions below, be submitted by both the consumer and the entrepreneur to the Disputes Committee Thuiswinkel, PO Box 90600, 2509 LP, The Hague (www.degeschillencommissie.nl).
3. A dispute will only be dealt with by the Disputes Committee if the Consumer submitted his complaint within a reasonable time to the entrepreneur.
4. If the complaint does not lead to a solution, the dispute must be submitted to the Disputes Committee in writing or in another form to be determined by the Committee no later than 12 months after the date on which the consumer submitted the complaint to the entrepreneur.
5. If the consumer wants to submit a dispute to the Disputes Committee, the trader is bound by this choice. Preferably, this first report by the consumer to the trader.
6. If the entrepreneur wants to submit a dispute to the Disputes Committee, the consumer will have to pronounce in writing within five weeks after a written request made by the entrepreneur, whether he wishes to do so or wants to have the dispute dealt with by the competent court. If the entrepreneur does not hear the choice of the consumer within the period of five weeks, then the entrepreneur is entitled to submit the dispute to the competent court.
7. The Arbitration Committee's decision under the conditions as set out in the regulations of the Disputes Committee (www.degeschillencommissie.nl / about-us / the-committees / 2404 / home shopping
). The decisions of the Disputes Committee take the form of binding advice.
8. The Disputes Committee will not deal or will terminate the dispute, if it is granted to the entrepreneur moratorium, goes bankrupt or its business has actually ended, before a dispute dealt with by the committee at the session and a final judgment was rendered.
9. If in addition to the Dispute Thuiswinkel another recognized or the Foundation for Consumer Affairs (SGC) or the Financial Services Complaints Institute (Kifid) disputes committee has jurisdiction over disputes relating mainly to the method of sale or remote services the Dispute Thuiswinkel preferably jurisdiction . For all other disputes or other approved by the SGC Kifid member arbitration committee.